Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend

This past weekend was a pretty good one. I was supposed to be oncall, but my friend Joe needed to be off call next weekend, so we traded.
When I picked Sean up from daycare on Friday he had a bad cough and I could see then that we'd be at the doc on Saturday.
Friday night we just made dinner and played. Sean went to bed by 8:30 and I laid in bed a read a new blog that I had gotten very interested in until my laptop died, then I went to bed. Scott had a friend over.
Saturday I called and got Sean a doctor's appointment. I was shocked when they told me that the doc could see him at 9:45 - it was 9:12, I hadn't had a shower, and the dr is a 25 min drive. Talk about getting ready very FAST!! The doc walked in the door and said right away that it was croup (shocker!)...and so...we started on steriods. We didn't do much on Saturday, mostly just played around the house.
I read more of the blog that I had started reading. Without going into much detail, the person in the blog had been through some very trying times this year, and in her blog she showed all the normal human emotions, but she also showed amazing faith in God. Her story was amazing, but her faith and love for others in the midst of her own hell was amazing.
I woke up Sunday morning a bit homesick for my church and my friends. I felt like going to church, but knew the church I wanted to go to was my church - in my home town. I started not to go because Sean was sick and couldn't go to the nursery, and I didn't know if I should spend the money on gas. But after a little while, I decided it was what I really wanted to do.
I got Sean ready and we headed to SC for the day. We got to church a few minutes early.
I got to see my friend Susan, then I ran into my friend Amy. Amy and I met in first grade, so it was great to see her, and I sat with her and her sister Keleigh. Before going in I saw my friend Gloria, and she sat with us. I had really hoped that I'd get to see Gloria, I miss her very much. After church Gloria asked what our plans were, and since we didn't really have anything planned we went to her house. I had a wonderful day. It was great to spend time with Gloria and talk and just be. Gloria has a granddaughter that is 2 months younger than Sean, so she had alot of toys for Sean to play with (even pink cinderilla slippers - should've taken a pic of that!!).
At the end of the day, we ended up going to the city park for the labor day concert. We went to Robin's house and walked to the park from there. It was really hard to hear at the park, but it was still nice to spend the time there.
After the concert, we walked back, I took Gloria home, and headed back to NC.
The drive home was long, Sean was worn out and slept the whole way home, but all in all, that was a great day! It did make me miss my friends and church even more though.
Monday turned into a lazy day. We mostly just played around the house, until around 6:30 when we went to the grocery store and to get dinner from Chick-fil-A.
Sean did not sleep good last night, and ended up half the night. Luckily Scott was up and helped some with him so I could try to sleep.
He is in bed now, so hopefully he'll sleep good tonight. We gotta get up early tomorrow because I have a dr. appt.
I've rattled on and on enough!

No comments: