Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sick People (and I don't mean a cold)

Not too long after we moved, I found an article online about the in-home daycare that Sean had stayed at for the first approx 9 months of his life, where the husband of the caregiver had been arrested for molesting possibly two girls that were in the daycare. I had known this couple for many years, lived near them, they kept my neice, etc... so the news was shocking, but it did explain why she had to close suddenly.
For some reason tonight I looked up online to see if there were any other news about him.
Apparetly they had his sentencing in July and he got 5 years jail time and 5 years parole.
When I heard about it, I immediately thought of one sweet girl that was in the daycare who had already been though hell in her short life, and my gut told me it was her. In the newstory that I saw tonight, that was confirmed. It showed her "mother" (grandmother actually, but she is more of a mother to this sweet girl than her "real" mom ever was), and it showed her cousin's mom in the courtroom too (the second little girl that was possibly moletested, but as a plea deal he was only charged with one).
I don't get it. What makes people do crazy things like this? I knew this man, his wife, their kids, their grandkids.... I left my son with them. I had alot of respect for them, and even before tonight questioned if it was really true. I am thankful that Sean was too young to realize what was going on if anything ever did happen while he was there. I hope and pray that these little girls can grow up and move beyond this, and overcome any scars that this may leave on their lives.

No comments: