Saturday, May 2, 2009

A slacker again...

Wow...zero posts in April - what a slacker!! I spend so much of my "free" time on facebook and reading other people's blogs that I don't take the time to post.

I am a little ill tonight...ill as in pissed off. Why? At my lovely husband of course. So, just to vent....I had a virus a week ago, and whereas I'm better, I am still getting tired easily. So, I was nodding off in my recliner tonight, and Sean was in his room being Sean and not going to sleep. Scott woke me up at least twice to tell me Sean was jumping in his room .... ummmmmm, hello, are you his parent that is awake? how about handling it and not waking me up. Finally he woke me up to say "i guess i'll go take care of it"....no, let me get up, go yell at our sweet little boy to go to bed even though he slept on the way home tonight and probably isn't tired yet, while you sit on your lazy hiney playing golf on your playstation....after all, you are a kept man and only have the opportunity to sleep 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Sean and I went to Greenville today for my cousin Ashley's baby shower. Ashley is a Barnett - the only real extended family we've kept in touch with over the years. We love the Barnett's and enjoy our chances to see each other. I'm so excited that Ashley is due in a few weeks - she is so cute pregnanat! Sean and I went to Paige's house today before the shower so they could spend some time together and for lunch and so Sean could play with Bandit and Tiger (whose real name is Tucker).... Sean was a little scared of Bandit today, but not as much as he normally is of animals....he enjoyed feeding him cheese balls - that poor puppy's tummy was probably ready to explode from too many cheese puffs!!! He did kiss Bandit before we went to the shower and he let Tiger (Tucker) sniff his fingers...but that was in - however, that is probably the closest that he had ever gotten to Tucker too.
We got to see Katie, Samantha and Donna today - so Sean was a spoiled little boy! He did go around calling people Bootie Butts (dang, I wish he came with a filter control), but hey, he's my kid, right?
After leaving Paige's, I thought about shopping a little, but Sean was tired, so we were just heading home, got about 2 exits and realized we left Sean's 'tar (guitar) @ Paige's and had to go back. Then we were off again. We did stop at the Greenville Earthfare to pick up a few things and then we headed home. We stopped for gas before leaving SC and then for dinner once we got to NC. Finally we were home a little after 7. Sean feel asleep when we were almost home. He had asked if he could close his eyes because the sun was bothering him...he's so funny. He asks permission for the sillies things... like I'd tell him no????
Katie went to the prom last weekend with her new boyfriend. IT's hard to believe that she is already 17. Sammy is almost 16. And Austin is 15. They are growing up too fast!!! They are really great kids though. Paige was telling me about going to a ball game one night and the Rams were losing and as time went on alot of the spectators thinned out. Austin saw where Paige was sitting alone and he came over and sat with her. How sweet is that when your teenage son loves you that much??? Amazing!
I hope Sean grows up to be sweet and compassionate...and athletic...and smart...and sucesful...and whatever he wants to be....but most of all, I want him to grow up happy!!!

No comments: