Sunday, May 3, 2009

CRAPS












A few weeks ago I decided that it would be fun to get some craft stuff and have some craft time with Sean on days when there was nothing else to do - especially on the weekends when the weather isn't nice enough for the park. I don't worry about during the week so much because he has daycare and gets to do lots of fun stuff there...but on weekends, especially ones where money is tight, i feel bad if we don't do anything fun for him....




So, I went to dollar tree and loaded up on construction paper, googly eyes, pom-pom balls, cotton balls, foam dinasour stickers, foam space ship stickers, gule sticks, pipe cleaners, glitter glue, scoobydoo stickers....etc... We ended up with a pretty good little bucket of craft stuff. I ended up buying popcicle sticks and regualar "school" gule @ target the next day.




So, we have have craft time a few times - Sean's favorites are the googly eyes and GLUE!! OMG that boy loves glue... a close third would be cotton balls.




The funny part is that when he asks if we can do crafts, it sounds like he wants to do CRAPS!

2 comments:

tracEy said...

hehe...that's awesome.

I am trying to experiment with "crap" time too... only she doesn't say it yet.

I know what you mean about money being tight but trying to find fun things to do. I've been trying to find all the free or close to free festivals I can that both kids would enjoy.

Buggaboosmommy said...

"Crap" time has been alot of fun..I was a little uptight the first time because I wanted it to be organized...but I quickly realized he is 3 and organization is not in his vocabulary!!

Maybe we can keep our eyes/ears open for cheap things for the kids to do and let each other know? We live reasonably close enough to where free wouldn't be too far way :)

Have you ever heard of Mouse on Main? Julia and Sean may be too young for that yet, but it's a cool concept to do.

I also heard about something in June that sounds pretty fun - http://saturdaymarketlive.com/TouchATruck.aspx

We JUST found a lake about 10 min from our house that you can go feed the ducks at, and there's a playground and picnic tables. I hope we spend alot of time there this summer... If you're ever in town - yell...we'll find something fun to do :)