Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today is memorial day.
I don't believe in war or violence, but today I am thankful for those for have fought for our freedom...so that I have the freedom to have my own opinions (like not believing in war). :)

It has been a good day/weekend.
Friday I took the day off work ...Scott and I went to breakfast, then to home depot...then we went to see Ghosts of Girlsfriends past. It wasn't all that. Maybe a good rental.
After that I felt bad - I had a sinus headache - so I came home and took a nap until time to pick Sean up from daycare.
Saturday we went to SC so Sean and I could have lunch with Steph, then we spent time with Scott's family. We made it home in time for dinner, which was a nice change:).
Sunday morning I was not motivated, but we didn't have anything for breakfast, so Sean and I headed to Harris Teeter to pick up some groceries.
I was really not motivated for church, and I even was praying for God to change my heart, and my sweet little boy pipes up and says "I want to go to church mommy" So, we did.
After church we came home and took a nap, once we got up we took Sean to feed the ducks at the Lake and then went for a ride.
This morning I woke up with a headache from hell. I took enough medicine to help with it. I had to do some work this morning because a few jobs had failed.
After that I started painting Sean's room. Scott got up late morning and started helping. We managed to get his room painted by mid afternoon. We got all the crayons covered up. YEAH!!!! It was no small feat! We did break for lunch - I had made spaghetti :) YUMMY
We tried to get Sean to nap while we worked - no luck.
We cleaned up when we were done and ended up taking Sean to the park to ride his bike. While riding it started to rain, so we went for a ride - then it quit raining so we headed back to the park. He rode his bike some more, played with sidewalk chalk, and we played baseball. He was tired and whiney, so we headed home -
I grilled ribs for dinner while Scott and Sean started putting his room back together.
It was a good and exhausting day :)

No comments: