Thursday, May 7, 2009

one of "those" mom's

I used to think parents who kept their kids on leashes were crazy...what kind of parent would do that????
Well....the kind of parent that has lost control needs to gain it back would. Sunday my kid ran away from me twice - once in Ingles - which I fairly quickly found him - and once in Kohl's which took a little longer to locate....By the time I found him in Kohls I was scared, angry, frustrated and knew things had to change.... after a spanking and explaining to him all the reasons he will never roam free in a store again...I decided that I would either 1) never go in public with him again or 2) make some changes. Since we all know how helpful my husband is - option 2 won hands down.
For stores, he is now restricted to buggy's - I don't care if we are buying one item - he will ride.
I'm planning a vacation soon and decided that a harness (leash) would be a good idea. It's a monkey backpack type leash. He won't always have to wear it....but there are situations where I'd rather be one of "those" mom's than risk him being hurt, kidnapped or killed.

No comments: