Tuesday, May 5, 2009

chick fil a

Tonight chickfila had a kids night where they had free kids meals - actually they are having free kids meal every tuesday this month.
I took Sean after work tonight - it was packed- lots of kids, plus some kid was having their birthday party there too. PACKED!!!!
We ate our dinner, and traded Sean's toy for ice cream. They had a local church there doing a fundraiser, and one of the ladies and I started talking. She invited me to her church, and I am excited and happy - that's the first stranger that has invited me to church since i've been here. It isn't too far from my house, so we will likely check it out. Sounds like a plan to me.
It's really been on my heart/mind lately that I need to get involved in a church here....and more than anything I need to get my sweet little boy involved in church.
They also had a balloon fairy there...there was a line to get balloons, but sean wanted one - and we weren't in a hurry so we waited in line - He ended up getting a balloon sword. He loves it! :)
We had a really good night. We had a rough weekend this past weekend, so it was good to have some alone time with him that turned out really good.
(by the way - i love that chickfila is having free kids meals tuesdays this month because it's a good excuse to eat at my favorite resturant)

No comments: