Sunday, November 30, 2008

something odd happened....

A few weeks ago I borrowed some CD's from a co-worker (then I ripped the to my computer)...so, over the past couple of weeks I've been listening to these songs from time to time. All the CD's I borrowed from her are Christian music. One of them is Casting Crowns. I'd never really listened to them before. Honestly, something about their name didn't sound appealing to me. I know- go figure.
As I was listening to one of the songs, I feel something I have not felt in a long time. I felt.... moved, touched,....you may even say alive. I don't feel much often, not in that sense anyway. It's like something is broken that I can't fix. I've talked to God about it. I'm sure it's on my part and not His. One day I hope it will be fixed. It was nice to have that feeling. I love being able to feel God. It seems to happen when we least expect it.
While I'm on the subject...I've done a bad job of looking for a church here. I've visited 3. One seemed to be alot of gliz, glamor and show. The second I went to the contempory service and failed to see anything comtempory about it. The third the preacher was talking about selling rocks from the parking lot for prayer. It was the I realized that the churches here are NOT like the ones in SC. At least not like MY church in SC.
Thankgiving was pretty good this year. We stayed at home, and just had a nice day the three of us.
Normally the day after thanksgiving me and my sister and my sister in law go shopping. Alot has happened lately, and things just didn't work out for us to go this year. I went out a few places by myself but it wasn't the same. I went to Kohls first, and had to abandon my mission - it was too backed up in there, and my back was hurting and there were no carts. So, I headed to walmart, old navy and target. I was home by 7.
There were a few emotional days this week. Nov 25th was the 17th anniversary of my mom's death. I was 17 when she died, so that means that this year I've lived as long without her as I lived with her. I miss her alot and there's a lot I wish I could talk to her about. Life is complicated sometimes in a way that only a mommy would understand. There is a lot I wish I would have paid more attention to, but all in all, I'm thankful for the mom I had and the time I had with her.
Sean has told me a few times this weekend that I dont listen. I wonder where he got that phrase from! HA! He is becoming such a chatterbox, and repeating ALOT of stuff. It's funny when you tell him not to say stuff - for example, he now will proudly tell you "don't say boobies".... or "don't say dammit" and let's not forget that the guitar told him to shut up, and shut up is a bad word, so the guitar needs soap.
It is late, and my bed is calling me.